It's Never too Early to Start a Plan with These Steps
Adam Jorgensen - Monday, February 20, 2017
- Begin with the end in mind!
- Understand your paycheck.
- Create a budget. Separate your needs from wants and live within your means.
- Start saving monthly for the unexpected.
- Master the concept of compounding.
- Sign up for your employer’s 401(k) or 403(b) plan to earn the match.
- Get insured! Protect your family with life insurance and 60% of your income in disability insurance.
- Aim for a credit score of 760 or higher, and pay your bills on time.
- Develop saving goals from short term (house, wedding) and long term (retirement, children’s education).
- Stick to the plan and keep your eyes on the goal!