Like many business owners, you probably have plans to one day transition your business to your children or other trusted professionals. We often hear concerns from frustrated owners who believe that taxes will make that impossible. Others tell us they wouldn't get a get fair value for their company if they sold it.
Even a business owner, who has created a plan to sell the business to the management team, may learn they don’t have any money!
We use some of the following solutions to alleviate these types of concerns:
- Ownership Skills Development Plan
- Sale of Ownership Interest (using cash, seller note or bank financing)
- Bonus of Ownership Interest
- Gift of Ownership Interest
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plan
- GRAT (Grantor Retained Annuity Trust)
- Buy-Back Agreement for Minority Owner
We welcome your questions about these solutions, and are available to discuss with you whether these solutions would be suitable for your situation. Each business is unique, and we are set apart by our dedication to work alongside owners and board members to develop specific and cohesive strategies that achieve their goals, and most importantly, do what is in the business owner’s best interest.